Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Things I think to be true in teaching and learning

  • I believe we are learners all the time.
  • I believe learning is fun.
  • I believe in multiple learning needs, preferences and styles [1], [2], [3], [4]
  • I believe teaching is helping other people learn
  • I believe education is evolving and we need new models [5], [6]
  • I believe there is a lot of value in all learning theories [7]
  • I believe there are 2 main categories in learning: Abstract Knowledge Concepts and Concrete Practical Skills
Today, I think all this to be true, and as a lifelong learner I may correct myself tomorrow. I will continue exploring and validating this core principles...

2 comments:

  1. I think another aspect is the psychological process of how humans learn through connecting with others (social aspect). This is assisted through skilled facilitation built from respect, support and trust.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @runfar I totally agree with you. I will explore a little more about the social aspect, collaboration and cooperation! Thanks

    ReplyDelete